- Location: Darlington
- Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year (dependent on experience)
The HR Advisor is responsible for supporting multiple client accounts by advising across all of their day-to-day HR queries.
Often working in a busy office environment, the HR Advisor must be able to demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritise a diverse workload. Initially the HR Account Manager will undertake an onboarding programme to help them understand the nature of our business, including administrative duties, so that they can thrive in the role.
- Responsible for managing admin to deliver on client expectations and provide a high-quality HR service.
- Setting performance objectives and reviewing these periodically.
- Development of the admin team to ensure everyone reaches their potential and talent is nurtured.
- Creates an environment that motivates the team and recognises success.
- Managing day-to-day operational HR processes for admin with the support and guidance of the BP (for example: absence management, performance management, discipline).
- Recruitment of new team members as required, with BP support.
- Quality checks work and ensuring accuracy is maintained across the admin team.
General HR Support
- Manage client expectations, support in complex processes and queries, and maintain regular contact with key personnel to understand all our client needs.
- Support the client in their desired outcome by ensuring best practice is encouraged and advised through risk and consequence analysis.
- Providing compliant and focused advice to clients both in person, in writing, on-site and on the phone.
- Dealing with a range of general HR queries, ensuring that consistent processes and advice is given.
- Drafting HR policies, procedures, and documents in line with current employment law changes and best practice for our clients.
- Managing HR processes including but not limited to, onboarding, recruitment, disciplinary, grievance, probation, absence, promotion, salary reviews and other general HR processes.
- Maintain accurate internal records within HR2day systems to ensure HR compliance within our internal systems, HR law and GDPR regulations.
- Always comply with company policies/procedures and SOP’s.
- Maintain own knowledge of changes in employment law and best practice through continued personal development, this can include webinars and off-site training.
- Be flexible and willing to be involved in all aspects of the organisation, with resilience, and perseverance whilst understanding other viewpoints and priorities is essential.
- On-site client meetings/events as required.
- Networking events/seminars on behalf of the company.
- Other duties as required to meet the objectives of the business.
- Manage new client onboarding processes.
- Complete detailed HR audits for compliance and work with clients to ensure 100% adherence is reached and maintained.
- Setting up accurate HR system access and records.
- Conducting HR fact-find investigations to establish employment details and setting up initial draft HR handbook and template contracts bespoke to client needs.
- Be flexible and willing to be involved in all aspects of the organisation.
The HR Advisor works with a range of clients, from a range of different businesses to provide them with a high-quality HR service as part of a team. Working with multiple clients means that prioritisation and the ability to transition between tasks is core to the success of this role.
The HR Advisor is an experienced HR generalist who has capabilities in all aspects of HR and can engage with clients to understand their needs/challenges and provide a bespoke solution which meets their requests and is legally compliant.
This role requires high levels of attention to detail and strong IT skills, with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information. The HR Advisor is self-assured and knowledgeable and able to make decisions within their remit. With strong IT skills particularly in Word, Excel, and Office applications.
The HR Advisor will need to have experience across the range of HR processes and topics and be qualified to Level 5.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year (dependent on experience)
- Company events
- Company auto-enrolment pension
- Free parking
- Discretionary life insurance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with a 30 minute unpaid break
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Darlington, DL1 4JW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Human resources: 2 years (required)
- CIPD level 5 (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this position please email your CV to [email protected]