- Location: Darlington (occasional travel to clients as required)
- Salary: £25,000–£30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
HR2day are a North East based business providing effective, bespoke HR solutions throughout the UK to small to medium sized businesses. We ensure that our clients get HR problems solved while remaining compliant with HR and employment law.
Renowned for our practical, down-to-earth support and exceptional customer service, we’ve been solving HR challenges since 2010.
To provide specialist HR advice to a range of clients across a variety of business sectors including taking ownership of these clients. This advice is around all people management and employment issues, HR projects as well as ensuring the client is fully compliant with all aspects of employment law.
- Account manager for your clients (up to 20) offering a proactive HR support picking up on any trends or issues that need to be managed by offering the HR support and guidance they need.
- To act as a first point of contact for line managers/directors, of your clients for all employee relations (ER) matters such as disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures, and capability (ill health and performance) providing proactive telephone support and ensuring the company procedures are followed (for diamond clients)
- To manage employee expectations, of your clients for such things as issues or concerns as well as host and provide outcomes for all employee relations (ER) matters such as disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures, and capability (ill health and performance) providing proactive telephone support and ensuring the company procedures are followed (for platinum clients).
- Writing HR policies bespoke to the organisations we support which is in line with current employment law changes and best practice, along with contracts of employment
- To effectively classify cases, ensuring identification of risk at the appropriate level, and escalate these where necessary.
- To provide specialist HR advice and solutions that are cognisant of current legislation and tailored to company policies and procedures and business realities
- To support and coach managers, developing understanding of employee relations issues and empowering others to foster a positive climate for ER
- Maintaining staff records including attendance, training, staff files on our internal HR systems, and employee benefits including pensions (auto- enrolment). Ensuring that staff records are accurate and comply with all data protection laws
- Supporting managers and business owners through complex processes such as redundancy and changing terms and conditions of employees
- Working with HR Account Managers & HR administration team to share HR expertise and knowledge to support their development.
- Maintain own knowledge of changes to employment law and best practice through continued development by attending employment law seminars enabling us to offer a proactive support to all clients
- To ensure that consistent processes and advice is given through sharing knowledge and developing quality processes
- Proactively updating SOP’s
- Maintain regular contact with clients to understand their current business needs
- Offsite HR support for our clients as and when required
- Regular client review meetings in house and off site
Key skill requirements
- Good knowledge of employment law.
- CIPD qualified to at least level 5
- Ability to work within limited supervision, including making decisions based on own initiative
- Previous HR experience essential, including conducting investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- High levels of attention to detail
- Good communication skills including providing written reports and letters
- Strong influencing skills
- High levels of customer service, including the ability to build positive, long-lasting relationships with clients
- Strong IT skills including word and excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads when necessary
- Ability to deal with some sensitive and confidential issues
- Articulate and the ability to present as confident and knowledgeable
- Good listening skills
Salary £25-30,000 dependant on experience.
January 2022 start date.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email your CV to [email protected]