September is often a time when we find ourselves refocusing, perhaps built into us since our school days when we start afresh with a new class and shiny new pencil case. This can also be true for business, as September dawns and the autumn chill starts to appear its the perfect opportunity to reflect on the year so far and to consider what you want to achieve before the end of 2018. With only 4 months to go its the perfect time for refocusing. Here are our top tips to help you engage your staff in this.
- Hold a September team meeting, many people will have been on holiday over the summer and its the perfect time to regroup.
- Conduct a team SWOT analysis in which you collectively discuss strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Build actions around this.
- Review your performance to date, what goals and performance measures did you set for 2018 and how are you doing with these? If you are off track what can you do to get back on track and if you are ahead how do you keep that momentum going?
- Consider key holidays that are coming up, could you run promotions for Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving (if you have links to the USA)?
- Organise an end of year party (watch out for a blog on this coming up), remember to make this inclusive.
- Hold 121 conversations to review individual performance, a great way to help someone get back on track if needed before the year is over.
- Start thinking about 2019, what do you want to change and achieve. It sounds early but it will be here before you know it.
We can help facilitate team events and planning sessions as well as offer coaching. Get in touch to discuss how we can help you end 2018 on a high and have an amazing 2019.